Dr. Ajay Doiphode is a Consultant ENT surgeon with more than 20 years of experience. He has graduated from the prestigious KEM Hospital & G.S. Medical College, Mumbai with a Second Rank in Mumbai University Examination. He has undergone training for management of various ENT, Sinus, Head & Neck disorders, under stalwarts like Prof. Dr. M. V. Kirtane (KEM Hospital) and internationally under Prof. Heinz Stammberger for Endoscopic Sinus & Skull Base Surgery in Austria and Prof. Robert Mylinski for Microscopic Ear Surgeries and Implantation Otology (Cochlear Implants, BAHA & Vibrant Sound Bridge).
Dr. Ajay Doiphode has special interest in Scarless Endoscopic Ear Surgeries, Cosmetic Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Allergy Testing & Immunotherapy and Voice Disorders.
Currently he is the President of Association Of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI), Mumbai Branch for the year 2021-22. He served as the Honorary Secretary of AOI, Mumbai Branch from 2017-20.
Dr. Doiphode is Head of an ENT Unit in a University Teaching Hospital and under his tutelage ENT postgraduate students receive surgical training and enhance their surgical skills using his vast surgical experience. He is an invited faculty to deliver talks on various ENT subjects & demonstrate surgeries at various State & National ENT conferences and workshops.
He is the director of Aahan ENT Clinic, a modern, state of the art ENT health service provider situated in Vile Parle West, providing ENT consultation and services including audiology, speech therapy and hearing aids.
He is the Co-director of Prime Ent Clinic in Andheri West, which successfully treats patients from all over Mumbai and also overseas.
Dr. Ajay is also attached to Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital in Vile Parle, which has facilities for treating complex & advanced ENT, Sinus, Skull Base diseases with in house facilities such as Da Vinci Robotic System, Lumenis CO2 laser etc.
He is the also the visiting Consultant ENT Surgeon of All Cure Hospital, located in Jogeshwari (E), Mumbai.
Apart from his passion to train Junior & contemporary ENT Colleagues, he is an avid cricket enthusiast, passionate about cooking & loves to travel and interact with people
Qualifications and Training
- M.S. (Master of Surgery) ENT, Mumbai University 2000 G.S. Medical College & KEM Hospital
- D.O.R.L. (Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology) CPS 2000
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)1997 TN Medical College & Nair Hospital
- Fellowship in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Septo-Rhinoplasty & Skull Base Surgery, Austria(Under The Auspices of European Rhinologic Society & European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery)
- Fellowship in Advanced Microscopic Ear Surgeries & Implantation Otology, Wuerzburg Germany(University of Wuerzburg, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Head and Neck Surgery)
- President (2021-2022) – Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Mumbai Branch)
- Vice President (2020-2021) – Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Mumbai Branch)
- Hon. Secretary (2017-2020) – Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Mumbai Branch)
- International Working Group on Endoscopic Ear Surgery (IWGEES)
- Indian Association of Surgeons For Sleep Apnoea (IASSA)
- Cochlear Implant Group Of India (CIGI)
- Indian Society of Otology
- All India Rhinology Society
- Association of Rhinoplasty Surgeons (India)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Medical Consultants (AMC)